Timo Boldt and a friend (James) founded Gousto, the recipe box delivery service in 2023.
The two friends came up with the idea to start a convenience-focused service whose main target was people who loved to cook, but who lacked time to go out and shop for supplies.
All the boxes delivered by the company contain easy-to-follow cooking recipes and already measured fresh ingredients.
According to company sources, all the produce sent to its customers is carefully chosen, ensuring only seasonal British vegetables and 100% British meat is included.
- ☑ Perfectly measured and matched ingredients
- ☑ Freshly sourced ingredients
- ☑ Variety of recipes from ten-minute meals to family classics
- ☑ Value for money
- ☑ Mostly recyclable packaging
- ☒ Some of the recipe boxes will cost you an additional fee
- ☒ Not all packaging is recyclable
How to Get Started
1. If using the service for the first time, you will need to start by signing up. Here, you get to choose whether you would like meals for two or four people.
2. You will then need to input your postcode, remembering to note the day you would like the recipe box to be delivered (weekly or fortnightly according to your preference).
3. Next, select your preferred meals. Normally, the more meals you order, e.g., 2,3 or 4, the cheaper the service becomes.
4. Select vegetarian or vegan to ensure you receive suitable promotional offers in the future.
5. All deliveries are free regardless of the day of the week. Additionally, the box is always left in a safe and secure place.
6. Any food that requires refrigeration comes wrapped with icepacks and cooling insulation.
7. Each dish will come with a recipe card with instructions and information about the time it will take to prepare the meal and the overall calorie content.
Menus and Prices
The brand allows its clientele to filter meals using categories such as 10-minute meals, Plant-Based, Vegetarian meals, and Everyday Favourites.
If you would rather eat meat, you can filter the menus using meat recipes such as fish, chicken, pork, and beef.
As for the pricing, it would be best to consider selecting four recipes for each box, particularly if you want to get value for your money.
A 2-person recipe box containing four recipes will cost you £34 for the four meals translating to around £4.25 for each serving.
Perks of Gousto
The company has gone out of its way to ensure that all the recipes are easy to follow. This means that a typical meal doesn’t take more than an hour to cook after prepping.
This is particularly ideal for when you would like to prepare a meal after a long day at work. You will enjoy assembling the meal and serving it with all the additional garnishes.
Unlike other brands, the boxes offered by this company are delivered to all locations in the UK. All that is required of you is to choose and wait for the delivery to happen on the chosen day.
If looking for quick and delicious meals that you can reheat or cook from the comfort of your home, then look no further than recipe packages from Gousto.
The ability to select recipes means you and your family will get to receive the foods you like. It’s also an opportunity for you to try out meals you wouldn’t have tried cooking before.
If you are among the many UK residents who like to cook but are usually time-poor to try their hands at cooking new dishes, then this is the perfect service for you!